Easy DIY Halloween Unicorn Box Frame
Do you love Halloween AND unicorns? Combine them both in this fun Halloween unicorn box frame and fill your home with spook-tacular DIY Halloween decor.
Please note that some of the links included in this article are affiliate links, which means that if you click through and make a purchase I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Halloween unicorn home decor project to DIY
Did you know that this DIY unicorn wall art project is THE MOST POPULAR post on this whole website?
It gets about 40% of the WHOLE WEBSITE VISITS – which is pretty darn impressive!
As you all love this unicorn box frame so much, I thought what better to kick-start 31 days of free Halloween craft projects than by making a Halloween version of this popular post?
How to make a Halloween box frame
This tutorial is pretty similar to the original one, so you can watch the video below to see all the steps for how to make the box frame.
You will need…
- Free unicorn wall art printable (Get the free printable)
- Glossy photo paper to print on
- Craft knife or paper trimmer
- Thin paint brush
- Mod Podge glue or similar
- Gold, black and purple extra-fine glitter
- A selection of Halloween-coloured floral embellishments
- Large sheet of black glitter card
- 20cm black box art frame (I got mine at Hobbycraft)
- Silver scatter crystals
- Sequins in Halloween colours such as gold and black
- Black rose foam flowers (or silk)
- Small plastic spiders
- A glue gun
How to make a Halloween unicorn shadow box
- Print the free template onto glossy photo paper and cut it out along the border lines
- Use Mod Podge glue and glitter to make the horn sparkly. Do one colour at a time to stop the colours blending in to one another.
- Stick a selection of Halloween-coloured flower embellishments along the top of the unicorn to create a flower crown.
- Cut a square mount from the black glitter card to make sure your artwork will fit inside the box frame.
- Open up the box frame and pour in a selection of scatter crystals, sequins and glitter.
- Put the unicorn artwork into the frame and seal it up.
- Use a glue gun to stick black roses to the top left and bottom right of the outside of the frame.
- Finally, use your glue gun to stick some plastic spiders onto the roses for that extra bit of Halloween goodness!