Sunflower Vase Free Layered SVG
This beautiful vase of sunflowers makes the perfect layered shadow box gift for Mother’s Day.
The free sunflower cutting file comes in SVG, DXF and PNG file formats. If you’re using a Cricut machine then you need to upload the SVG version into Design Space. This is the one that starts SVG_ in the filename.
The layers on the design come together beautifully to create a 3D effect.
I cut the sample you can see in the pictures at 6.5 inches wide.
You can certainly make it larger than that, but I wouldn’t recommend going much smaller as the leaves on the bottom layer will become quite small and difficult for your Cricut to cut.
Download the Free Cutting File
Please login to your account to download this file.
Don't have an account? Register for free
Mother’s Day Box Frame Tutorial
- The free sunflower SVG from my website
- A digital cutting machine such as a Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore
- A light-grip Cricut mat
- A square box frame (mine is from Hobbycraft in the UK)
- Coloured card (I used two shades of green, two shades of yellow, purple and pink for the layered design and then a plain white and a polka dot yellow for the inside of the frame)
- 3D foam pads
- Double side tape (I LOVE this tape runner)
- Tacky glue
- Gold Nuvo Drops or sticky gemstones (optional)
Watch the video below to find out how to cut and assemble this project.
The video goes through all stages of the project, including:
- How to unzip the zip folder after you have downloaded it
- How to upload the SVG into Design Space
- How to measure your frame and size the design to fit
- How to make and cut a frame/mat to go inside the shadow box
- How to stick the layers together and which order they go in
- Embellishing the leaves with Nuvo Drops
- Putting it all together and framing your work
The image below shows the order in which to stick the layers.
A higher quality PDF version of this graphic is included in the free download available on this page.
How to download my free files
This video shows you how to download SVGs from my website and open them in Design Space.
If you have any problems, please email [email protected] – I’m always happy to help!
Love layered SVGs? Check out my other layered 3D files
More Mother’s Day Cricut crafts
Want more Mother’s Day Cricut fun? Check out these lovely projects from two of my craft blogger friends: