Perfect Pumpkins Card Stitching Pattern
Published on October 20th, 2019
Stitch the perfect handmade card for fall with this delightful pumpkins card stitching pattern.
Three little pumpkins, sitting in a row!
How cute do they look?
This is a really fun paper embroidery pattern and it can be used in so many different ways.
I’ve kept it pretty simple so that my card can be used for any occasion, but you could easily turn this into a Halloween card, a birthday card, a Thanksgiving card – or, well – any card you choose!
Want the free printable? Scroll to the bottom of this post to download it!
Please note that some of the links included in this article are affiliate links, which means that if you click through and make a purchase I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
How to sew pumpkins on a card
- Print out the free card stitching pattern onto regular printer paper. The pattern can be downloaded using the buttons at the bottom of this post.
- Rough cut around the edge of the pattern and use masking tape to attach it to the front of a rectangular piece of hammered white card taht you have cut to size.
- Place the card on top of a foam surface so that you will be able to prick through it. I use a piece of packing foam that I ‘rescued’ from an old parcel delivery.
- Use a pricking tool or similar and prick through all the dots on the pattern.
- Remove the masking tape and pattern and place to one side.
- Choose your embroidery thread colours and thread an embroidery needle with your first colour.
- Use a small piece of sticky tape to attach the end of the thread to the back of your card.
- Thread your needle through the holes in the card and stitch it, following the lines on the pattern template.
- When you get to the end of a thread, use another piece of sticky tape to attach it to the back of the card.
- I used two shades of orange for my pumpkins and alternated the holes around the edge with the different colors.
- When you have stitched the entire paper embroidery pattern you can stick it to colored paper to create a bright border.
- Finally, add your stitched pumpkins to your base card. I used a DL sized white hammered card.
- You could add google eyes to turn your pumpkins into cute little characters, but I decided not to for this card to keep it a bit more ‘grown up’ looking 😉
I hope that you enjoy stitching these perfect pumpkins for Halloween!
As patterns go, it’s a fairly simple one.
In fact, I think this would be a great Halloween card for older kids to make.
Or, you could be adventurous and not make it into a card at all, but stitch it on to a Halloween themed scrapbook page. Now THAT would be cool!
Or be even cleverer and combine it with these stitching spiders for a multi-design card!
Download 'Perfect Pumpkins Card Stitching Pattern'
Enter your 'Craft With Sarah' password to download this free printable.
Don't know the password?
If you have signed up before but can’t remember the password, look through your emails for one from firstname.lastname@example.org as I include the password in all of the emails that I send.
If you can’t find it, that’s not a problem – just sign up again using the orange button above.