How to Make Custom Retro Sunset T-Shirts in Cricut Design Space
Have you been seeing retro sunset t-shirt designs EVERYWHERE and wondering if you could design your own?
Well… you can! ?
These retro sunset / vintage sunset t-shirts are SO popular at the moment.
I have seen all sorts of designs, from dinosaurs to French bulldogs; popular destinations and states to lovely messages for Father’s Day.
Of course, being a crafter armed with my lovely Cricut machine… I didn’t want to simply buy a premade t-shirt… I wanted to make my own!
I’m sure you get that feeling too, am I right? ?
After a couple of hours of experimenting, I finally cracked how to make vintage sunset t-shirt designs directly in Cricut Design Space.
It even includes a super-easy way to add a grunge/distress effect to your vinyl that ISN’T an absolute nightmare to weed!
Here’s how to do it…
VIDEO: How to design retro sunsets in Design Space
Got questions about anything in this tutorial? Leave a comment at the bottom of this page. I’m always happy to help!
Vintage sunset Cricut tutorial
This video walks you through the WHOLE process of creating a retro sunset design, including:
- Creating the circle shape
- Adding a grunge/distressed effect (& importantly, when you should skip this step)
- Slicing out your image (I chose a dinosaur but it could be anything!)
- Slicing the circle into perfectly even sized sections (as many as you want!)
- Re-colouring each section to make the “rainbow” effect
- Removing the bottom section to make it flat at the bottom (this is optional)
- Adding text at the bottom (again, this is optional)
Grunge/splatter images used
Here are the links to the two splatter images shown in the video:
I hope you enjoyed watching this video tutorial. Check out my other Design Space tutorials for more fun things you can design!