Halloween Gingerbread Man Zigzag Stacker
Published on October 16th, 2019
Try out a new 3D card making technique with this Halloween gingerbread man zigag stacker.
I first started making zigzag stackers way back in 2011 to sell in my Craftsuprint shop.
To this day, I still love making up zigzag stacker handmade cards!
Want the free printable? Scroll to the bottom of this post to download it!
Zigzag stackers are made in a similar way to traditional pyramage cards.
You cut out different shapes and then layer them on top of each other using foam pads to make a 3D effect.
Please note that some of the links included in this article are affiliate links, which means that if you click through and make a purchase I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
Materials list for Halloween Gingerbread man handmade card
- Free Gingerbread Man printable (scroll to the bottom of this post to download it)
- 3D foam pads
- 7×5 inch card blank
- Patterned background paper (I used these ones)
- Double-sided tape
- Silver peel-off stickers
- Tacky glue
How to make a zigzag stacker
- Print the free zigzag stacker printable onto photo paper or card. I like to use glossy photo paper as it gives a nice shine to the card.
- Cut out all of the shapes on the card.
- Take the large rectangle part of the design and place it in front of you. It’s marked with a blue arrow on the printable.
- Use 3D foam pads to stick the two largest zigzag pieces on the left and right of the rectangle design. These are marked with black arrows on the printable. The foam pads will give your card a 3D effect.
- Use more 3D foam pads to stick the smaller zigzag pieces on top of the larger zigzag pieces. These are marked with red arrows on the printable.
- Your zigzag stacker is now complete, so it’s time to assemble your handmade card.
How to make a zigzag stacker handmade card
Once your zigzag stacker has been finished, it’s time to add it to your card!
To make one exactly like mine, here’s what you need to do…
Use a 5×7 inch white card blank as the base for your card.
Cut two pieces of patterned paper and attach to your card front.
Mine is from a 6×6 inch Dovecraft paper collection called “Painted Blooms“.
I use a tape runner for sticking on background papers, and I love it!
- Pack contains 1 tape pen
- Extra strong permanent tape is a massive 22m
- Perfect for card making
Seriously, these tape runners are AMAZING – they make it so quick to stick things together when crafting.
Next, add some a silver peel-off border on the gap between the two pieces of paper to help hide the join and add a bit of glitz!
Stick the zigzag stacker to a different patterned paper and trim it so that only a small border of colour remains.
Attach the topper to your card using tacky glue or more double-sided tape.
I tend to find that tacky glue holds the topper on a little bit better than tape, and it means you can reposition it if you stick it in the wrong place.
Check it out:
- Don't worry about children using this product as it's acid free and non toxic
- Ideal for children, schools and art projects
- The fine precision nibs enable more accuracy and control
- Reduce wastage with this product as it can simply be poured back into the bottle
- Unlike most glues this one dries clear and reduces the possibility of spotting mistakes/overflow
And there you have it – your finished Halloween gingerbread man handmade card!
Download 'Halloween Gingerbread Man Zigzag Stacker'
Enter your 'Craft With Sarah' password to download this free printable.
Don't know the password?
If you have signed up before but can’t remember the password, look through your emails for one from firstname.lastname@example.org as I include the password in all of the emails that I send.
If you can’t find it, that’s not a problem – just sign up again using the orange button above.