Halloween Zombies Pyramid Topper for Card Making
We’re back to card making in today’s craft project with this cute Halloween zombies pyramid topper for card making.
Pyramid toppers, also known as pyramage, is a popular card making technique as it creates gorgeous 3D shapes and it’s SO easy to do!
Want the free printable? Scroll to the bottom of this post to download it!
Please note that some of the links included in this article are affiliate links, which means that if you click through and make a purchase I may receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). You can read my full disclosure at the bottom of the page.
How to make pyramid toppers for card making
- Download the free Zombies pyramid sheet at the bottom of this page and print it onto card or photo papers.
- Cut out all the rectangle layers on the sheet. I use a craft knife and ruler to get nice straight edges but you can use scissors or even a paper trimmer.
- Take the largest rectangle and place it in front of you. This is your base layer that shows the entire pyramage topper design.
- Take the next largest rectangle and turn it upside down. Stick 3D foam pads on the back and peel off the backing paper to reveal the sticky side of the pads.
- Turn the rectangle over and carefully line it up on top of your base layer and press it firmly in place.
- Repeat this for all the rectangular layers so that you build up a “pyramid” of rectangles to showcase the final design.
- When your pyramid topper is complete, it’s ready to add to your handmade card or Halloween scrapbook page!
Halloween zombies handmade card
If you want to match your card exactly to my sample card, you’ll need the following:
- High quality grade versatile stylish craft card
- 100% recycled, eco-friendly, acid and lignin free
- Cards are pre-scored and can be used at portrait or landscape orientation
- Folded size measures 17.8 cm length by 12.7 cm width
- Available in white colour
- 48 sheets, with 4 sheets of 12 designs.
- FSC Certified
- Perfect for card making and scrapbooking
- Acid and Lignin Free
- 150gsm cardstock
This Nature’s Grace paper set is probably by favourite paper pack OF ALL TIME. The purples and yellows and whimsical flowers are just SO beautiful.
I may or may not have bulk bought the papers in all the different sizes to make sure I have many, many spares… 😀
How to make a zombie card
- Make up your pyramid topper using the instructions above.
- Take one of the papers from the Nature’s Grace collection and stick it to the bottom half of your 5×7 inch card blank.
- Take the yellow paper from the same pack and rip it along the bottom to form a jagged white stip. Stick it to the top half of your card, overlapping slightly with the bottom pattern.
- Stick your zombies pyramid to the polka dot paper from the Nature’s Grace collection.
- Cut around the polka dot paper to form a thin border.
- Stick the pyramid topper to the middle of your card. I used tacky glue so that I had some “wiggle room” to move it about in case I didn’t stick it straight the first time. Which I didn’t. Because I am TERRIBLE at sticking stuff on straight!
So there you have it! I hope you like this Halloween zombies pyramid topper as much as I do!
Download 'Halloween Zombies Pyramid Topper for Card Making'
Enter your 'Craft With Sarah' password to download this free printable.
Don't know the password?
If you have signed up before but can’t remember the password, look through your emails for one from email@example.com as I include the password in all of the emails that I send.
If you can’t find it, that’s not a problem – just sign up again using the orange button above.